moderated Re: adding Outlook contacts

Outlook has neve rworked for me like this and does not currently. I always type the first letter or two of either the first or last name and that brings up results, but I tried first name and last name initials for 3 different people and for none of them this worked. For example, I have a "Fred Lang", an "Andrea Butenuth" and a "Monika Thomaka" in my contacts, I tried "fl", "ab" and "mt" and while the "fl" brought up a few names where the last name started with Fl", none of these contacts came up whereas when I started typing "fr" Fred Lang came up, "Bu" instantly brought up Andrea Butenuth and either Mo or Th brought up Monika Thomaka.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 8:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: adding Outlook contacts

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 11:20 AM, Mario wrote:

he simply wants to type the first and last name initials of that person.

-
And I'll repeat:  He can't, and he should get exactly what he's getting.  It's been this way for as long as I can remember.  I gave a detailed explanation of how the system actually works.

I have no idea why he believes you can (or could, I've used Outlook at various points in time since the mid-1980s) do this.  You enter the characters of the person's name or e-mail address, never their first and last initials.

To think is to differ.
      ~ Clarence Darrow