moderated Re: adding Outlook contacts

Mario

thanks Brian. anticipating what results from this inquiry.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@gmail.com]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 12:06 PM
Subject: adding Outlook contacts
On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 11:56 AM, John Covici wrote:

The first time he has to type the complete email address to get it
into that list.

-
Or click the To/CC/BCC button and use the address selection dialog.

But this is a change, too, from the oldest of the olden days, which has
triggered me to ask on one of my tech geek forums about whether there is
a way to make Outlook 2016 and later NOT care about whether you've
actually received or sent a message to a given address/contact before,
but just to show them as you type if what you've typed narrows down to a
few in Contacts.

I will report back once I have some definitive information.  That's
certainly the behavior I'd prefer, but in testing with Outlook 2016 no
name/e-mail address shows up until and unless you've sent something to
it, which kinda defeats the purpose of Contacts on any fresh install of
Outlook.

/To think is to differ.
/      ~ Clarence Darrow