moderated Re: adding Outlook contacts

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 11:56 AM, John Covici wrote:
The first time he has to type the complete email address to get it into that list.
-
Or click the To/CC/BCC button and use the address selection dialog.

But this is a change, too, from the oldest of the olden days, which has triggered me to ask on one of my tech geek forums about whether there is a way to make Outlook 2016 and later NOT care about whether you've actually received or sent a message to a given address/contact before, but just to show them as you type if what you've typed narrows down to a few in Contacts.

I will report back once I have some definitive information.  That's certainly the behavior I'd prefer, but in testing with Outlook 2016 no name/e-mail address shows up until and unless you've sent something to it, which kinda defeats the purpose of Contacts on any fresh install of Outlook.

To think is to differ.
      ~ Clarence Darrow