moderated Re: adding Outlook contacts

Mario

Brian, I understand what you're saying, but he explained to me that's what he could do when he was using Outlook Express when Windows XP was the latest OS. but like you, I was skeptical.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@gmail.com]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 11:27 AM
Subject: adding Outlook contacts
On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 11:20 AM, Mario wrote:

he simply wants to type the first and last name initials of that person.

-
And I'll repeat:  He can't, and he should get exactly what he's
getting.  It's been this way for as long as I can remember.  I gave a
detailed explanation of how the system actually works.

I have no idea why he believes you can (or could, I've used Outlook at
various points in time since the mid-1980s) do this.  You enter the
characters of the person's name or e-mail address, never their first and
last initials.

/To think is to differ.
/      ~ Clarence Darrow