From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Griffith
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2021 7:44 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Navigating canvas with Jaws

I am afraid I completely disagree that canvas is totally accessible.

Parts are accessible and others are certainly not with a screenreader.

I have not time to go into details now but I was only recently discussing the problems not just for students but with a blind lectururer  who was also experiencing similar problems to me on his interface.

The disappointing thing is the way that Canvas  have been completely unresponsive to the specific feedback  I have offered on particular  problems.

Basically accessing and downloading course material is pretty OK but the accessibility of quizzes and feedback forms is sporadic at best, depending on how they are laid out. On some pages it is impossible to access any edit boxes to type anything in. Other quizzes have check boxes to respond to but NVDA and Jaws are unable to read the questions  associated.

The calendar seems an accessibility mess and I have never managed to make any sense of it.

David G.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10