moderated windows sign-in

Stan Holdeman

Dear Listers: I recently had to have a new hard drive and thus a new install of Windows 10.

Formerly after boot up I would get the Windows welcome with sign in in which I typed a 4 digit password which would sign me in. This was set up by the person who sold me the computer.

Now I go straight to Windows desktop with no need for sign in. I would like to have the added security of a sign in password. How do I do this? I have gone to settings, accounts, sign in options, but the page reads poorly and I can’t seem to proceed.

Thanks for your help.

Stan