moderated Re: Using the serial number on a Freedom Scientific Braille display to check its status

Richard Turner

If you are not in any hurry, use the email; but if you want to know this week, I'd suggest calling.

Richard

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

On Mar 14, 2021, at 8:54 PM, Cristóbal <cristobalmuli@...> wrote:

Hello list,

So, I have the opportunity to buy a used Freedom scientific  80 cell Braille display. The seller supplied me with the serial number so I could check it out with the manufacturer to see how old it is, if it’s been serviced etc. (they’re not the original owner of the display).

Can I just call FS at their 800 number and provide the serial number or is there some other way to verify if it’s been serviced at all or how old the unit may be? Can I just email the regular support@... address?

I’ve never done this so was just curious as to the process.

Thanks,

Cristóbal