moderated Navigating canvas with Jaws

James Malone

Hello all, this question is for anyone but particularly  Debra Armstrong. I have a student that is attending courses at a community college. I was listening to the open line  cast that was made back in February. Debra, you say that Canvas is totally accessible with Jaws. Can you please email me off list on ways to help my client navigate the pages?

I was told that certain web browsers didn’t work with Canvas, and particularly Google Chrome. Here’s the link. https://utah.instructure.com/courses/325662/pages/navigating-canvas-with-a-screen-reader.

Yet, when I went to this link and used Internet explorer, I found that Canvas would not open in Internet Explorer.

When trying to navigate within Chrome, we found that for example when trying to read a message the message preview would come up, but the message body would not read the completed message. My client is using Jaws 21, the latest build. If there is any keystrokes to help read within Canvas, I would like to know what they are so I can give her some assistants before her classes starts on Tuesday.

Feel free to email me at malone_j@....

Best: James