moderated Re: help changing my password

Mario

Brian, I don't know if I'm missing something, but the first set of 4 steps you provided below seem to be missing?

-------- Original Message --------
From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@gmail.com]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Friday, March 12, 2021, 9:51 PM
Subject: help changing my password
I noticed on the split topic you created that you did mention that
you're using Windows 10.

If you are using a Local Windows 10 User Account, then:
--------------------

Reset your Windows 10 local account password

1.
2.
3.
4.

* Use the following instructions to reset your local account password.
Your local account signs you in on your device offline, but it
doesn't link to your other devices. For a more complete experience,
we recommend you sign in with a Microsoft account to access services
like Outlook, Skype, and OneDrive on any of your devices. If you
forgot your Windows 10 password, the easiest way to get back into
your account is to reset the password for your Microsoft account
<https://support.microsoft.com/help/4026971>.
* Reset local account password for Windows 10, version 1803 and beyond
* If you added security questions when you set up your local account
for Windows 10, then you have at least version 1803 and you can
answer security questions to sign back in.
*
After you've entered an incorrect password:
1
Select the Reset password link on the sign-in screen. If you use a
PIN instead, see PIN sign-in issues
<https://support.microsoft.com/help/4026196>. If you're using a work
device that's on a network, you may not see an option to reset your
password or PIN. In that case, contact your administrator.
2
Answer your security questions.
3
Enter a new password.
4
Sign in as usual with the new password.

I you are using a Microsoft Account Linked Windows 10 User Account the
easiest thing to do is open Settings, Accounts, and in the Your info
pane activate the Manage my Microsoft Account link and go through the
password reset procedure once you're logged in to your Microsoft
Account.  The change propagates down to your Windows 10 User Account
after it's reset there.

/To think is to differ.
/      ~ Clarence Darrow