moderated Re: Using JAWS to create a label for a button on a web site, which has no text label

Mario

I don't know when I would need to know how to do this, so yes, please do post how.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Udo Egner-Walter via groups.io [mailto:udo.egnerwalter=icloud.com@groups.io]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 12:51 AM
Subject: Using JAWS to create a label for a button on a web site, which has no text label
Hi Marty,

the site you mentioned could be made accessible with scripts by using
domain-specific scripting. It's not difficult to do and if you or one of
the other list members wants to know, I can describe how to do this so
you or the others can use this approach on other sites too. But if you
want to use the scripts only let me know and I will provide a link to
the scripts.

All the best
Udo

Am 08.03.2021 um 21:06 schrieb Marty Hutchings
<mhutchings152730@gmail.com <mailto:mhutchings152730@gmail.com>>:

Udo,  Here is the website URL.
https://www.moodyradio.org/stations/chicago/
<https://www.moodyradio.org/stations/chicago/>
Go to this link:
*A web media player will open with buttons for Play/Pause, Volume Up
and Volume Down. JAWS only speaks these as “Button”.  I can label
them, but when I close and return the next day, the labels are
gone.**Listen Live*
<https://www.moodyradio.org/radioplayer.aspx?station=WMBI>
Love in Christ
Marty
If we view this present life as our primary goal, we will agree with
William Shakespeare who said: “Life is a tale told by an idiot, full
of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” From TODAY IN THE WORD June 1,
2020