moderated Re: Jaws isn't able to retain my Jaws 2021 settings.

Richard Turner

Albert,

I pasted parts of your message below to give context to my responses.

But, first, when you press insert+j hit insert+control+v and make sure you are running Jaws 2021.

If so, read on.  If not, you have the wrong version starting when you start your computer.

You said: Now, when I go to my desktop and enter on one of my Icons like outlook, or any of the others that are on their, it doesn’t say too edit the selected item, press f2.

I have never heard it say that but my settings are for the very least chatter from Jaws.

If you want those messages back, Open the Jaws settings with insert+j, select basic settings and hit enter.  These settings are about the jaws messages, you want it to say: Announce menu and control help radio button‑ checked‑ item

Arrow to that item and hit enter.

You said: Second,  Their’s no voice assistant that’s supposed to come up when I press the insert or jaws key the alt key and the spacebar, which is supposed too automatically bringup the voice assistant.  Third, when I go too where it says Jaws home manual and go to the utilities menu and arrow down to the settings senter,and arrow down to where it says, users, and then open it with the right arrow too open it, their’s no item there for me to enable a setting for me to enable voice assistant. The first item that comes up in   the users section says, progress messages  anouncement five second intervols. The next

You don’t want to be in the user section to get the Voice Assistant settings, press insert+j, go to the utility submenu, and the first item should be Voice Assistant.

It sounds like it got disabled.

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com