moderated Re: Need Microsoft Disability phone number!

Judy

Mary Ann, being a person who uses a pc with jaws, but also has an iPhone, it is so different how the two companies handle their disability support. I have found that Microsoft, has to be directed like some have said, and if they want to take over and fix it for you that’s nice, but I’m not learning anything if it happens again. When I call Apple support, they go through the problem step by step, and if requires remote access to my phone, they still tell me what to do. Now I do realize that theirs is a system where everyone has voice over, unlike having a pc which can be using various screen readers, but you would still think a company as huge as Microsoft could have some people better trained. JMHO Judy & Libby

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: Saturday, March 6, 2021 1:45 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Need Microsoft Disability phone number!

I am not talking about the mainstream companies. The reason we call a disability help desk in a large company like Microsoft is because they have the knowledge on how to work with people who are blind. I usually find that the people at the Microsoft help desk want to take over my computer and make the changes and I go along with it. In an ideal world they would walk us through a nonvisual way to get the job done but I know that won’t happen any time in the near future. If I need them to do all of this visually that is certainly job security for them.