Moderated Re: Ongoing trouble with PayPal
toggle quoted message Show quoted text
Hi, Ron. You get to the Internet Explorer Mode setting by,
1. Open Edge.
2. Search for Default Browser.
3. Navigate by using H or Down Arrow, to, Default Browser.
4. TAB to Internet Explorer Mode, and check the check box that allows Internet Explorer Mode to be displayed in More Tools.
5. Restart Edge.
6. Go to the page which you wish to be displayed in Internet Explorer Mode.
7. Press ALT, and Arrow up to More Tools, and press ENTER.
8. Arrow up to Internet Explorer Mode, and press ENTER.
Now the page you display will be in Internet Explorer Mode.
I don't think there is a security concern, because the browser you are using is Microsoft Edge, not Internet Explorer. The only difference is that Microsoft Edge will use the rendering engine that Internet Explorer uses to render the website. This is especially useful if you still wish to look at RSS pages, which Edge will not render. Edge will render RSS pages if Internet Explorer Mode is used.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Ron Kolesar
Sent: Saturday, March 6, 2021 11:08 AM
Subject: Re: Ongoing trouble with PayPal
, how can one get to this feature?
Also, we all know how unsafe ie 11 is these days.
Can we run it with the security of edge?
From: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org> On Behalf Of Bill White
I just discovered a setting in Microsoft Edge, under the Default Browser category. It is a setting that allows websites to load in "Internet Explorer Mode". Has anyone tried Microsoft Edge with PayPal to see if this resolves the problem of not being able to use PayPal with Microsoft Edge? I do not have a PayPal account, so, cannot check this for myself.