moderated Re: Installing Jaws scripts

Udo Egner-Walter

Hi John,

You can find the folder dealing with user scripts this way:

1. Depending on your JAWS installation:

a) If you start JAWS in system tray then press JAWS+J to open JAWS context menu
b) If you don't start JAWS in system tray then Press JAWS+J to bring JAWS window to the front and activate the menu by pressing alt key

2. Select "Utilities" and open it

3. Select "Explore Utilities Folder". Now Explorer will open with some file links.

4. Search for "Explore my settings" file link and activate it. Another Explorer window will now open containing your settings and user scripts.

If your script file is for a particular application you can copy the scripts file here. If the JSB file is from an older version of JAWS it's a good idea to open your application, then press JAWS+0 (0 in the number row above the chars, not the number block on the right side). This will open Script Manager with your script file. Press Control+S to compile the script again, a new JSB will be made from JAWS.

If your script file is not for a particular application or another script file for an application already exists, you can include your file with a "USE" command. It this is what you need let me know and I can describe this in detail.

Good luck with your script file
Udo