moderated Re: Need Microsoft Disability phone number!

G. Gray

Whenever I get a comment like "Click on the yellow x at the top of the screen,"  I say..."Do me a favor turn your screen off.  Is it off.  What do you see exactly?  OK now you see what I see...now tell me again what to do!"

Listening for that Shout!,
(1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)

George
On 3/5/2021 6:59 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 02:23 PM, David Diamond wrote:
Then there was the one who said constantly, “You see the yellow X at the top of your screen, click on that.” I thought and almost vocalized, “What part of I’m blind are you not getting!”
-
By the way, that would be an entirely appropriate response.

If you're on the help desk for individuals who are blind or visually impaired, the use of phrases that include, "see" in the sense of vision should be nowhere in your vocabulary when asking questions of someone you already know can't.  This is not rocket science, nor should it be tolerated.

Dope slaps when people are being dopes are A-OK, and if you have someone who was accidentally being a dope, which happens more often than one might think, their response is generally a prompt apology.  They recognize they've been inappropriate, even if that was the result of an accidental lapse.  Defending the indefensible is never a good idea.

           ~ André Gide

Avast logo