moderated Re: Need Microsoft Disability phone number!

David Diamond

Brian, as you know, probably I was just making the point that some should not be working there because they are not good listeners.  When working on the phones, one of the skills one needs is to listen what the other person is telling you or requesting. No one agency is perfect and by enlarge the MS help desk is overall pretty good.  It’s just frustrating when after sitting on hold for 30 or more minutes you get someone like that.  At one agency I after getting nowhere with the person on the phone, asked to speak to a supervisor and the person I made the request too, asked why.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: March 5, 2021 5:00 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Need Microsoft Disability phone number!

On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 02:23 PM, David Diamond wrote:

Then there was the one who said constantly, “You see the yellow X at the top of your screen, click on that.” I thought and almost vocalized, “What part of I’m blind are you not getting!”

-
By the way, that would be an entirely appropriate response.

If you're on the help desk for individuals who are blind or visually impaired, the use of phrases that include, "see" in the sense of vision should be nowhere in your vocabulary when asking questions of someone you already know can't.  This is not rocket science, nor should it be tolerated.

Dope slaps when people are being dopes are A-OK, and if you have someone who was accidentally being a dope, which happens more often than one might think, their response is generally a prompt apology.  They recognize they've been inappropriate, even if that was the result of an accidental lapse.  Defending the indefensible is never a good idea.

           ~ André Gide