moderated Re: Need Microsoft Disability phone number!

Dan Longmore

Hi,

I am learning that in most cases these wonderful people mean no harm and are not even aware of their mis communications.  These e-mails have reminded me that I need to extend some grace and humility whenever I reach out for help.  I get the need for independence and yet there is no shame in asking for and receiving assistance.  Now I must practice what I preach for the people I often get frustrated with are those at Freedom Scientific.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: Friday, March 5, 2021 2:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Need Microsoft Disability phone number!

I was working with someone who worked for another blindness company and the person asked me if I had a sighted person who could help. I told them that if they were a blindness company who didn’t know how to work with a blind person they shouldn’t be in the field. I know that was very rude and I am rarely rude like that. I just find it amazing that people who are hired by these companies don’t have a clue how to use better words to communicate.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Diamond
Sent: Friday, March 5, 2021 2:23 PM

Shirley, like most agencies there are good agents and some that should be working somewhere else.  I’ve had some real darlings when calling the MS help desk.  One in particular kept phoning me when I was expecting a call from a higher department.  Then there was the one who said constantly, “You see the yellow X at the top of your screen, click on that.” I thought and almost vocalized, “What part of I’m blind are you not getting!” Thankfully these experiences are few and far between.  I’m also glad I read the post below this because I was going to give you the phone # you wanted.    

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: March 5, 2021 11:10 AM

Thanks, Annabelle,

It turns out the person who helped me before did not take out my previous Office. So Office 2019 was competing with my prior Office 2016, which already had issues.

Now it’s gone. I only have Office 2019.

I’m so glad for MS disability help line (or whatever they call it now).

And thanks to everyone else who responded. I had a file I had to deal with immediately, but couldn’t get to it. It’s all good now.

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Friday, March 5, 2021 1:26 PM

Hey Shirley!

The phone number for Microsoft Disability Answer Desk is 1-800-936-5900.

On 03/05/2021 10:06 AM Shirley Tracy <shirleytracy16@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Sorry to ask something so basic, but Microsoft did something overnight and now I cannot open files, including the file that contains the saved phone number for the disability hotline. Will someone please post it?

In case anyone on this list knows the answer to my problem, I’ll post it here:

This morning, every word file I tried to open first gave me the message, office Updating, please wait. Then, I got the message  WinWord error, cannot launch.

I need my documents ASAP.

Thank you for any help—especially with the phone number of Microsoft accessibility line.

Hope your day is going well.

Shirley Tracy

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.