moderated Re: Protected View in Word, Other Ways to Get Around It

NFB Lab 4

Alt F for the file menu, I’ve for info tab, and E for enable editing. Again that’s alt F, I, e

On Mar 4, 2021, at 1:58 PM, Justin Williams <justin.williams2@...> wrote:

Mike, Nothing is on the top of your message.

Justin

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2021 1:43 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Protected View in Word, Other Ways to Get Around It

In Word, press f6 until you here a message warning you about documents from the web.  You can then tab to a button to allow editing.
Then, I'd save it.
Richard

This is probably not the best way to do it, but if you hit control S to save
it, Word  will say that it is in protected view and saving is disabled. If
you tab over to "enable saving" it will take it out of protected view. I
think there is a direct command to protect and unprotect, but I don't know
what it is.
Pshon