moderated Re: Quick Favor: Can someone let me know where the JAWS Dictionary or Dictionaries are stored?

Cohn, Jonathan

The personal dictionaries are in the "my settings" folder. In Windows 10 press the start button and find JAWS Utilities for you your version of JAWS, in this will be both a alias for My Settings and for Global Settings.

Alternatively one can find personal settings at:
%appdata%\FreedomScientific\jaws\2021\settings\enu
Where 2021 is the JAWS version. I believe the "JDF" files are the dictionary files and one can open them in a standard text editor.
Cheer!

Jonathan Cohn

On Mar 3, 2021, at 11:22, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

I don't have JAWS on this machine, so doing a quick search for the JDF files isn't possible, and I won't be near a machine with JAWS on it at all today.

If someone can identify the folder where JAWS keeps these files I'd be most appreciative.

           ~ André Gide