moderated Re: battery question

Madison Martin

I've heard that you should let it run low.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Soronel Haetir
Sent: March 2, 2021 5:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: battery question

And note that this whole thing is a bad idea, Each time you run a battery low (even if not to 0) the less charge it will be able to take and so you will get less running time. Much better to run plugged in if that is at all possible.

On 3/2/21, Mike B <mb69mach1@fastmail.com> wrote:
There's a little program called Stascom that you can run in the
background that yu can set to notify you of every 20% decrease of battery useage.
It'll also notify you of battery charging in 20%increments.

This little program has all kinds of neat features but, the one I like
the most is you can set it to automatically maximize whatever window
that comes

into focus. Check it out below.

https://www.stascom.co.za/stascom.html#content

What to know before installing the program

Please refer to the user guide, see the link further down, for
installation

instructions. It is recommended that users of older versions of the
program familiarise themselves with the changes implemented in 2017.1.7.

SUMMARY OF PROGRAM FEATURES
Automation for the following tasks, all features customisable list of
5 items • Sound recovery on default audio device, preventing mute
status and low volume. Recovery volume level configurable between 5
and 100 percent; • day / night volume adjustment on a schedule, volume
levels and time slots

customisable;
• maximising of windows, option available for specifying window title
exceptions; • time announcements on the hour, on the half and on the
quarter hour, chime

with speech, chime only or disabled, all 24 hours configurable. Option
to specify user preferred chime sounds; • all automated functions can
be enabled or disabled, with detailed configuration options available
to suit individual needs.
list end

Individual hot keys for the following features list of 10 items • Open
user guide in default browser; • generate summary report of user
settings; • configuration window to specify user specific preferences
for all features; • temporarily unload program from memory; • audio
mixer input and output details; • password generator, unique 10
character very strong password with each keystroke; • calculation of
word count on selected text in any editor or virtual buffer

rendered text;
• extensive alphabetic list of Windows basic and advanced settings and
applications; • Increasing and decreasing master volume output with 5
percent increments,

ascending / descending audio tones to indicate new level.
• Easily insert accented and other special characters in any editor.
list end

General program characteristics
list of 9 items
• Automatic online check for program updates, can be disabled if desired.
Manual check for updates option available; • support for multiple user
profiles on one system; • status messages and time announcements via
user preferred SAPI5 engine; • user-friendly interface for changing
SAPI5 voice parameters; • support for same SAPI5 engine used with
screen reader and program messages; • optimised for NVDA screen
reader; • included dictionary file for NVDA to translate emoji
symbols; • small footprint; • comprehensive user guide in HTML format.
list end

Stay safe and take care. Mike.