moderated Re: battery question

Mike B.

There's a little program called Stascom that you can run in the background that yu can set to notify you of every 20% decrease of battery useage.  It'll also notify you of battery charging in 20%increments.

This little program has all kinds of neat features but, the one I like the most is you can set it to automatically maximize whatever window that comes into focus.  Check it out below.

https://www.stascom.co.za/stascom.html#content

What to know before installing the program

Please refer to the user guide, see the link further down, for installation instructions. It is recommended that users of older versions of the program
familiarise themselves with the changes implemented in 2017.1.7.

SUMMARY OF PROGRAM FEATURES
Automation for the following tasks, all features customisable
list of 5 items
• Sound recovery on default audio device, preventing mute status and low volume. Recovery volume level configurable between 5 and 100 percent;
• day / night volume adjustment on a schedule, volume levels and time slots customisable;
• maximising of windows, option available for specifying window title exceptions;
• time announcements on the hour, on the half and on the quarter hour, chime with speech, chime only or disabled, all 24 hours configurable. Option to
specify user preferred chime sounds;
• all automated functions can be enabled or disabled, with detailed configuration options available to suit individual needs.
list end

Individual hot keys for the following features
list of 10 items
• Open user guide in default browser;
• generate summary report of user settings;
• configuration window to specify user specific preferences for all features;
• temporarily unload program from memory;
• audio mixer input and output details;
• password generator, unique 10 character very strong password with each keystroke;
• calculation of word count on selected text in any editor or virtual buffer rendered text;
• extensive alphabetic list of Windows basic and advanced settings and applications;
• Increasing and decreasing master volume output with 5 percent increments, ascending / descending audio tones to indicate new level.
• Easily insert accented and other special characters in any editor.
list end

General program characteristics
list of 9 items
• Automatic online check for program updates, can be disabled if desired. Manual check for updates option available;
• support for multiple user profiles on one system;
• status messages and time announcements via user preferred SAPI5 engine;
• user-friendly interface for changing SAPI5 voice parameters;
• support for same SAPI5 engine used with screen reader and program messages;
• optimised for NVDA screen reader;
• included dictionary file for NVDA to translate emoji symbols;
• small footprint;
• comprehensive user guide in HTML format.
list end

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.