moderated Re: JAWS and Firefox (New Update)

Richard Turner

I use Microsoft Edge as my default but notice one thing I like better about Firefox.

With Edge, I do a search, and get the results.  I activate the link I want in the results, and I have to activate it a second time to actually get to the page.

With Firefox, I am on the desired page after the first link activation.

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

My web site, www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 9:33 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS and Firefox (New Update)

This is why I have pretty much abandoned Firefox, and now use Google Chrome as my main internet browser with Jaws.

I still have Firefox on my computers, but it is clearly my second choice.  I also find the constant updates quite anoying.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joe DiNero
Sent: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 11:47 AM

Hello,

I have had the same issue happen with both 2020 and 2021. I can initially navigate to a page, however, in the instance of Google, or another website that I am testing, when I enter text into a search field and do a search. The page loads and JAWS does not read anything, and indicates that there are no headings and links on the page, which is not possible.

Joe

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 10:55 AM

Well it would help if you told us what version of JAWS your running. I'm assuming your running the current version which is 86?

On 3/2/2021 10:53 AM, Joe DiNero wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a question as I have not used Firefox in several weeks. There was an update this morning for Firefox, and since then JAWS is not reading pages properly, in fact, with the exception of the main Google page, it does not read any content at all. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,

Joe

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.