moderated Re: Microsoft Teams

Vaughan Dodd

Hello Tom.

I am currently going through the Teams thing, and comparing it with Zoom is a bit unfair. Teams integrates into the Microsoft 365 suite and is extremely powerful. Its zoom like virtual meeting features are just a small part of the entire package.

Having said that, I don’t like it as much as Zoom. But for what you require in the first instance – you should be ok.

You click on the meeting link as you always have, and I have found the best approach is to tab through options that present themselves when the link opens. It allows you to turn audio and video on and to join the meeting once you have chosen your settings.

The interface has two main components: toolbars with buttons, and different tabs. You left and right arrow on the toolbars, and you tab between tabs.

For the most part, Jaws works well enough. But I have had difficulties with gestures such as hand raising/lowering and focusing on chat messages.

Good luck.

Vaughan.