moderated Re: Selecting All Question

Mark Arnold ABG

Yes, this occurs only in my Outlook 365 Trash Folder.  The select all command works just as it should in other folders containing files…

Mark

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2021 10:02 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Selecting All Question

He isn’t talking about files, but email messages in the trash/deleted folder in Outlook.

I can confirm his findings.

If I select all in a folder on my hard drive, Jaws speaks everything, but not so in the deleted folder in Outlook.

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

My web site, www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Doering
Sent: Monday, March 1, 2021 6:53 AM

I am using 2019 and Windows 10.

Control a says “selected all” and then starts reading all the file names, so it sounds like a setting got changed.

HTH,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, March 1, 2021 8:48 AM

That’s true.

I personally just assume control+a always selects all.

You may want to contact tech support directly about this since while they may monitor this list, it helps to contact them directly to make sure they hear you.

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

My web site, www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Arnold ABG
Sent: Monday, March 1, 2021 6:27 AM
Subject: Selecting All Question

List,

When in Outlook 365 and in the list of emails in my Trash Folder, I often select all and permanently delete them.  One problem, when I use the Control plus A command to select all, JAWS does not speak anything to let me know they are selected.  I have enough residual vision to see that they are selected but I would certainly feel better if JAWS reinforced this.  I should say that I am using the latest 2021 release of JAWS and Windows 10.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Mark

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.