moderated Re: Outlook 2016 closing by itself

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

I have also had Outlook closing seemingly spontaneously off and on for a while now.  Luckily, this is not happening often.  I have also seen occasions where JAWS reads the wrong thing when arrowing down the list of messages, so I end up deleting something I didn’t intend to delete.

Pam

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2021 4:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Outlook 2016 closing by itself

I’ve had a number of issues with Outlook suddenly closing, but it’s been happening for me for a few months.  Sometimes it seems to get stuck before this happens and other times it happens so quickly that I’ve wondered what key I could have hit accidentally.  I also recently got an Office update and have had a couple focus issues in my inbox after deleting a message, so it’s possible your issue is tied to something like that. I’m still on the original release of JAWS 2021.  Just feels like Outlook is very touchy nowadays. Where I used to see Outlook hang on a process, now it just closes. Sometimes it reopens automatically, and sometimes it doesn’t.