moderated Re: customizing JAWS announcements
Hi, I believe that what you really want to do is to mute some keys when performing a keystroke.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
In order to select what keys should be spoken by Jaws, you can do as follows:
1. Open settings center, and press control plus shift plus d.
2. In the tree view, go to the following location:
keyboard, general, manage key labels, and open this last option by pushing space bar.
3. The manage key lables dialogue will pop up, so you can go through a list of keys using up and down arrows.
4. To taggle between speak and mute, hit space bar.
5. The key label that you are looking for is a bit tricky since you may think that the key is control, but in this list,
The key that will have a real effect on the control key is under the name ModifiedPrintable. So this key label must be muted
If you want Jaws not to speak this key.
"It seems to me that I will always be happy in the place where I am not." Paul Auster. "City of Glass"
From: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org> On Behalf Of Shai
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 8:02 PM
Subject: customizing JAWS announcements
I have set my JAWS verbosity to intermediate in settings center and I am trying to figure out how to eliminate the announcement of my pressing control n in Outlook or a windows d to get to the desktop.
Is there an option I should check?
Thank you in advance for any responses.
Providing training to children and adults that empowers them to be productive and successful with their assistive technology/computing tasks.