moderated Re: iTunes with Jaws 2021

Udo Egner-Walter

Hi Monica,

As far as I know Bonjour is a service by Apple. In the web I was reading that Bonjour was made for different devices so they could communicate with each other. And further that not only iTunes is using this service (Quicktime uses this service as well). So if you want to deinstall this service you should ensure that no other application on your computer will use this service.

How to uninstall iTunes completely you can read here:

But be careful: On this side you can read:

Don't uninstall these components in a different order

If you plan to install the Microsoft store app you should know that at this time not all things are fully accessible. At this time personally I thinks there's no need to change to the Microsoft app in a hurry. You can still use the old version as long as you can download it from Apple site. Hopefully Apple will work on more accessibility and you can change later.

Good luck
Udo

Am 24.02.2021 um 13:43 schrieb Monica S <mrod16@...>:

Can you tell me which other apps I should uninstall from my computer regarding iTunes before I download the iTunes app from the Microsoft store?  I’ve seen Bonjour on this computer but didn’t know what it was.  I currently don’t have iTunes installed on my computer but had it on a previous one.  Thank you for any assistance.

Sincerely,

Monica