moderated Re: Jaws will not read setting options

ratshtron

if you are using a desktop computer try pressing shift plus numpad plus to turn the touch cursor and then using the arrow keys you should be able to hear something. on a laptop, i believe the command is shift plus caps lock plus [ to turn the touch cursor. to turn it off press the jaws cursor command numpad minus on the desktop and shift plus plus caps lock plus [.

tag said:
----------------------------------------

Bill,

Thanks!

I will give that a try. I tried an update and restarting, so off to try a repair. Yes, I do live in the U.S.

Take care!

Tammy

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 3:47 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws will not read setting options

Hi, Tammy. The first thing I would try is a JAWS repair. You will need the installer file for JAWS 2020. If that doesn't work, I will write to you privately, and, if you are in the U.S. or Canada, I can call you, do a tandem with your computer, and figure out why it's not reading your dialogs.

Bill White

<mailto:billwhite92701@att.net>billwhite92701@att.net

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tammy Freitag
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 12:51 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Jaws will not read setting options

Ok, running Jaws 2020. This is so odd to me! I had to go to my task bar to reconnect my internet yesterday. When I should have been reading the list of connections, my Jaws read nothing. Today I went into change my default browser. Once again, when I should have been reading information, nothing was read. I could use insert b and it would read but I was not able to make changes or navigate to anything.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to how to resolve this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Tammy

<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>
Image removed by sender.

Virus-free. <https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>www.avast.com

----------------------------------------

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.