What is this "New Tab Controls" in Firefox

Brad Martin

Running JAWS 15 and Firefox 42.0 here.

Recently (I think with the advent of JAWS 42 but I can't confirm that), JAWS will announce something called "New Tab Controls." It appears to be some sort of menu of options. Tabbing a couple of times seems to make it go away, but what is it and is there a way to make it stay away? JAWS isn't really clear about whether it's a menu or a listbox or what it is, so I'm not sure how to navigate it. Is this some toolbar I've turned on? Is it new, or just new to me?

Brad
brad@...