moderated Re: Itunes with Jaws 2021

John Covici

OK, I did not know about this. I will never be able to use that
version of windows.

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 11:27:09 -0500,
Udo Egner-Walter via groups.io wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
Hi John,

You wrote:

I think that was not the correct place to download the itunes
applications, just go to apple.com <http://apple.com/> and download the installer from there and maybe you'd get a better idea.
There are two versions of iTunes available. The newest one is the iTunes app you can download from Microsoft Store. You can still download the older one from the Apple homepage, that's right, but this version - at least as far as I know - will not developed further any more. So sooner or later you will be forced to change to the new app

You've probably heard of Windows 10 S, the OS version allowing only installations of apps from Microsoft Store. In this article:

https://blog.elcomsoft.com/2019/01/apple-itunes-standalone-vs-microsoft-store-edition/ <https://blog.elcomsoft.com/2019/01/apple-itunes-standalone-vs-microsoft-store-edition/>

you can read that Windows 10 S was leading Apple to develop the Microsoft Store version. By the way, the benefit of using the app from Microsoft Store is a clean install. If you install the old native app you will get services from Apple installed too, for example Bonjour.

Because all of this I tried the Microsoft Store app first.

Best wishes
Udo

How do
you spend it?