moderated Re: Right alignment

Van Lant, Robin

Marianne,

The easiest way is the method that’s been mentioned a couple  times where you select the lines you want and hit tab.   You could also set the indent under paragraph settings, but I think this is more cumbersome of a process than just tabbing for a one off document.   You said you’d used tab, but if you select all the lines first, that will at least save you the time of tabbing each line individually.   And if  you know you’ll write a letter again, you can certainly do this once, then just save the document so you can open it again next time you need a letter with yoru address.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 3:30 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Right alignment

I was working on a business letter and I needed to right align my address. When I use ctrl R to right align each line aligns to the right margin but I want them to align at the left edge of the address. Is there a way to easily to this? I tabbed a certain number of times each line and that works but I hope there is an easier way.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114