moderated Re: Right alignment

David Griffith

If I understand what you are trying to do correctly then one way to do this is to create a 2 column table in Word stretching across the whole width of the page, assuming that this  is the word processor that you are using.

You may want to check the properties of the table to make sure that grid lines of the table are not visible.

This will enable you to position  an address or any text on the right side of a page and you can have this text in this column either left or right aligned.

Provided you have the table grid line invisible this provides a neat layout.

I have used this method in the past to place my own address details in column 1, left aligned, and the address I am sending to in the second column right aligned. I am told this looks professional.

David G

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 23 February 2021 22:29
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Right alignment

I was working on a business letter and I needed to right align my address. When I use ctrl R to right align each line aligns to the right margin but I want them to align at the left edge of the address. Is there a way to easily to this? I tabbed a certain number of times each line and that works but I hope there is an easier way.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.