moderated Re: reading without ads

Mario

Leonard, does the Imersiv Reader work well, or does it let some ads remain? also, I'd like to know if it can eliminate graphics?

-------- Original Message --------
From: leonard morris [mailto:lmorris1953@gmail.com]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 2:58 PM
Subject: reading without ads
I am not sure about Chrome or Firefox. However, Microsoft Edge has a
feature called emersive reader. You click the f9 key and you can either
scroll down to the beginning of an article and read using the screen
reader or click on the read outloud feature and a female TTS voice will
read the article without the adds. You should be able to copy and paste
the article if you want to do so.
On 2/22/2021 2:01 AM, Mario wrote:
in reading articles from a website using Chrome and Firefox, are there
any extensions that filters out those pesky ads that may be included
in the article. on occasion, I also would want to copy from the article.
please don't tell me to go look up what's available. I'm interested in
asking the experts which one for each browser works well with JAWS or
NVDA.