moderated Re: reading without ads

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 03:37 PM, Chris Hill wrote:
I prefer to send my data to nobody, or google, rather than microsoft.
-
Not that not wanting to share data doesn't make sense, but in the context being discussed the data is already known.

Google is the worst among the "all knowing" software houses.  What you browse in Chrome is tracked, and analyzed to death.  Once you've loaded a page, they know you've been there.  They also know what's on that page.

I really don't know how much of something similar may or may not be going on with Edge, as I haven't kept up with it.  But by the time you're on a page they have what they want, if they want it.  An immersive reader does nothing beyond prettifying what's already on that webpage to make it easier to read.  And that doesn't matter what browser we're discussing.

           ~ André Gide