moderated Re: reading without ads

Chris Hill

I have never actually tried the emersive reader in edge.  I prefer to send my data to nobody, or google, rather than microsoft.

On 2/21/2021 12:28, Mario wrote:
so for Edge, I know there's the Imersive Reader that's built in. does that not work well?

-------- Original Message --------
From: Chris Hill [mailto:hillco@earthlink.net]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 1:17 PM
Subject: reading without ads
Well, nothing is going to get them all, because most add-ons are looking
for things that don't come from the website your reading, and some will
host ads natively.  I've been using adblockplus for years on any browser
I can.  It stops a lot of them, especially if you set it to show no
ads.  You may have to turn it off, unfortunately, to view the pages on
some websites.  I keep edge without an ad blocker, and then if I need to
read a site that won't let me I just bring it up in edge.

CH

On 2/21/2021 12:02, Mario wrote:
in reading articles from a website using Chrome and Firefox, are there
any extensions that filters out those pesky ads that may be included
in the article. on occasion, I also would want to copy from the article.
please don't tell me to go look up what's available. I'm interested in
asking the experts which one for each browser works well with JAWS or
NVDA.

.