moderated Re: Most accessible antivirus or security suite with JAWS

Phillip Gross

Unfortunately I am away from home now and can’t pull up that report. I can tell you that it was the week of Christmas, not much was going on, and I hadn’t downloaded much.

Also, something I found interesting for people who use browsers other than Edge or possibly old versions of IE. The malware protection of Windows defender doesn’t extend to other browsers.

Anyway, this is an argument that has been played out on this list many times. Perhaps I phrased my question incorrectly when I asked people what they liked. I was most concerned about the accessibility of different solutions. I have used defender and I know how it works. I am not ruling out continuing to use defender. What I am doing is saying, “hey, It’s been a while. Maybe I should look at all of my solutions and see what would work best for me at this point and time.” I’m glad people like it. I’m glad it’s come a long way since I first played with it 10 or so years ago. And believe it or not I’m really not trying to attack someone’ else’s product of choice.