moderated Re: Most accessible antivirus or security suite with JAWS

Chris Hill

Well, to me, malware bytes is accessible enough and it gets the job done.  I've been using it for several years, and it generally doesn't get in the way and the price for the subscription is pretty good.

On 2/19/2021 01:07, Phillip Gross wrote:
Thanks. As I said it has been a couple of years and I was considering my options.

I studied the test results before I did anything. I realize it’s close to the top and performs well, but so do several others. There aren’t many tests out there that tell you how well something works with a screen reader and I was curious how others performed.

I realize it’s a small, hell minuscule, sample-size but the only malware I have received in the past 2 years was missed by Windows Defender. Luckily a MalwareBytes scan caught it. I’m not denouncing Windows defender because of this.

Finally, something I should have added in my original post, I use my computer for freelance work and receive files who’s origins I can’t always be 100% sure of. I don’t mind paying for peace of mind, I would rather not, but I don’t mind if I have to.