moderated Re: Showing the leader in a table of contents

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 03:38 PM, Ann Byrne wrote:
And although I'm a pretty good typist, I make mistakes that I want to know I made.
-
And I'm a mediocre to OK one, and love the parts I don't have to check because I'm not typing them.

You are right, though, in that I can cheat in that I can see, but I also trust the automatic formatting features of Word, too, and when I tutor, once I have confidence the student actually knows how to activate or deactivate the various bits they need, I encourage them "to have faith" that the stuff is there that the feature should put there.

I'd have a fit, though, if the things I actually must enter myself were not to be announced, as I never have anything near to complete faith in my own typing!

           ~ André Gide