moderated Re: versions of ms office.

Shirley Tracy

I’m glad to hear that. But as of last month, that’s what they told me at Microsoft—that after Office 2019, you could no longer obtain a subscription-free copy of MS Office.

Shirley Tracy

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 2:27 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: versions of ms office.

I believe Microsoft has now backed off of Office 2019 being the last free standing installable version.  I seem to remember Joseph Lee posting something about the decision having been made that one more like this will be released, though.  There are also multiple articles about this in the tech press.

A New Version of Microsoft Office Without a Subscription ...

New version of Microsoft Office won't require you to pay ...

Microsoft is releasing a non-subscription Office suite in 2021

           ~ André Gide