moderated Re: versions of ms office.

I believe Microsoft has now backed off of Office 2019 being the last free standing installable version.  I seem to remember Joseph Lee posting something about the decision having been made that one more like this will be released, though.  There are also multiple articles about this in the tech press.

A New Version of Microsoft Office Without a Subscription ...

New version of Microsoft Office won't require you to pay ...

Microsoft is releasing a non-subscription Office suite in 2021

           ~ André Gide