moderated Re: Showing the leader in a table of contents

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 01:28 PM, Ann Byrne wrote:
You can set JAWS to speak only three repeated characters
-
Which is great, if what's being used is a repeated character set.

Believe it or not, I'm not questioning your choice, as what any given one of us wants/likes will differ.  I'm just pointing out that how this is actually implemented "under the hood" matters as far as what's exposed to the screen reader to read.

I also have absolute trust that when a given feature is turned on, and I'm using it, and all evidence is that it's working, that it is indeed working.  There are many times that I have no desire to have anything announced, because it's auditory clutter.  It's just a difference of desired behavior.

           ~ André Gide