moderated Re: Showing the leader in a table of contents

Ann Byrne

Thanks for this. I really believe that JAWS used to read the leader ... probably in Word 2002. shows how long it has been since I tried this.
With too little vision to check for dots, I would stinkin' like to be told if they are there.

At 07:45 PM 2/16/2021, you wrote:
Hi,
I just did a table of content earlier using that first button on the References ribbon. I picked the first automatic option in the list. I have enough vision to see that the leading periods are there, even though JAWS is not reading them. Here is my speech history as I read down a portion of this table of contents:

Table of contents linkend Table of contents Internship Seekers 1 Table of contents
linkSara Young 1 Table of contents
linkLinda Brandt 1 Table of contents
linkAmanda Thomas 1 Table of contents
linkFull-time position seekers 2 Table of contents

Not sure if your table of contents is the same formatting, but hoepufly this helps. I did nothing to customize it from that first option on the Table of Contents creation button.

Robin