moderated Re: how to download without going through f6 downlod bar

CJ &AA MAY

What I want is to hit the download link and have the item go directly to my Downloads folder without any other interaction. At the moment, unless I go through the f6 option and select download, all I get is a temporary file in my downloads folder.

Alison

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: 15 February 2021 21:17
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how to download without going through f6 downlod bar

Files are automatically placed in whatever folder you have set as your downloads folder in your browser. F6 just takes you to the downloads payne where you can 8view* your files – f6 doesn’t actually do anything, per se, just places your focus on the downloads area.

Are you looking to either see what folder your downloads are going to in-browser? Do you want to change it? Do you want a prompt, or no prompt?

All this is stuff you configure in settings of your browser of choice. Of course there are default settings – I cannot remember what those are as I am always fiddling with stuff. Right now Chrome just downloads when I activate a download link or button; no prompt or anything. I think I have Firefox set to be a bit more “prompty”. Often though what I’ll do in either is open the context menu for a link, press k, and enter in a filename from  there when the usual ‘save as” dialogue box pops up.  You can enter a full path there too, so there’s never any doubt or question as to where your files are going.