moderated Re: how to download without going through f6 download bar

No offense, but I don't think very many people are using IE any more. Whether you have to go to the downloads bar with F6 or, as in IE, press Alt + N seems to be somewhat the same to me except it's a different key stroke.

In any case, you can always go into Google Chrome or Edge settings, go to the "Downloads" category and tell the browser not to ask where to save a file, once you do it will simply download to the location you specified, by default that should be the Downloads folder. Below is a copy of what this looks like:

Downloads

Location

C:\Users\Your Profile\Downloads

Change button

Ask me what to do with each download

Always ask me if I want to save a file or open it without saving, checked

I have this checked because I often want to save files I download to different folders, but as I said, if you uncheck it you should no longer have to do anything, whatever file will simply download to the Downloads folder.

Best regards,

Sieghard