moderated Re: how to download without going through f6 downlod bar

Richard Turner

After I determined my download folder, I navigated to it with File Explorer, and while it was selected, but not opened, I right click or use shift+f10 and select create shortcut.
Then copy that shortcut to my desktop and I can jump to that folder any old time.

Richard

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

On Feb 15, 2021, at 1:17 PM, JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:

Files are automatically placed in whatever folder you have set as your downloads folder in your browser. F6 just takes you to the downloads payne where you can 8view* your files – f6 doesn’t actually do anything, per se, just places your focus on the downloads area.

Are you looking to either see what folder your downloads are going to in-browser? Do you want to change it? Do you want a prompt, or no prompt?

All this is stuff you configure in settings of your browser of choice. Of course there are default settings – I cannot remember what those are as I am always fiddling with stuff. Right now Chrome just downloads when I activate a download link or button; no prompt or anything. I think I have Firefox set to be a bit more “prompty”. Often though what I’ll do in either is open the context menu for a link, press k, and enter in a filename from  there when the usual ‘save as” dialogue box pops up.  You can enter a full path there too, so there’s never any doubt or question as to where your files are going.