moderated Warning, was RE: How accessible is LibreOffice with JAWS?

Richard Turner

While it seems to work fine with Jaws, do not, and I repeat, do not try to check for updates in Libre Office while Jaws is running!

It froze my computer, twice.

I tried it to get to 7.1.03, and I had to have my sighted wife kill the process.

I then tried it with NVDA, and was able to download the newer version and install it from my downloads folder.

After getting 7.1.03 installed with the usual reboot, I checked again for updates with Jaws 2021 running, and had to shut down because I couldn’t kill the process.

I will be writing them some feedback.

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com