moderated Re: JAWS Volume Adjustment

Richard Turner

Here is the full explanation from the Jaws What’s new under help:

JAWS now offers a set of layered keystrokes for quickly adjusting volume. To access this layer, press INSERT+SPACEBAR, followed by V. Next, press J to control the volume of JAWS speech or S to control the main system volume. After pressing J or S, use the ARROW keys to raise or lower the volume in small increments, or PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN to raise or lower the volume in larger increments. Press ESC to exit the layer when finished.

Note: When adjusting volume with the ARROW keys or PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN, the lowest level that can be set is 10 percent.

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

My web site, www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 6:52 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS Volume Adjustment

Marty:

I just tried this again here, and it worked.

Hit the insert or Jaws key on the numberpad and the space immediately after that.  Then follow this by the letters V and J.

You can adjust the volume using the up and down arrow keys from there.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 9:33 AM

This turns on the Braille and text viewer on my system.

Love in Christ
Marty
If we view this present life as our primary goal, we will agree with William Shakespeare who said: “Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” From TODAY IN THE WORD June 1, 2020

Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 7:59 AM

Try insert space followed by the letters V and J.

I just heard about this layered keystroke the other day.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 1:03 AM
Subject: JAWS Volume Adjustment

Hi friends,

I Know that you can adjust the JAWS speed on the fly, with alt+ctrl+page up and down but is there a way to adjust the volume on the fly please?

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

EMail:  Steven.Hicks@...

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.