moderated Re: jaws 2021 problems.

Dave Durber

If you are using the Laptop Keyboard Layout, to open the JAWS Context Menu, you need to press, CTRL+SHIFT+CAPS LOCK+J.

Dave

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 9, 2021 9:17 PM
Subject: Re: jaws 2021 problems.

Patrick,

Curious, have you tried using alternate Insert keys with J to see if that works?  For me, I cannot get the JAWS menu to open with the caps lock key, but it works with the numpad 0 or the standard insert key. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Patrick Murphy
Sent: Tuesday, February 9, 2021 1:49 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws 2021 problems.

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

Hi,

I haven’t posted here in a while, so bare with me if this has been covered.

A simple one first.

Jaws 2021 speaks the count and position of shortcuts on the desktop, files in a folder etc.

For example:

It will say “file.pdf 1 of 20”

If the folder has 20 files in it.

I have just upgraded from jaws 2018.

2018 did not say the number or position of the file in the folder.

Is there a way to turn this off?

I only want to know the name of the file, not what position it is in the list, or how many files are in the directory.

The second thing:

I mentioned this before, but wondered if anyone since has encountered this.

I have raised a ticket about it with sight and sound in the uk.

When jaws 2021 loads, you cannot use “insert+j” to bring up the jaws menu.

You have to quit jaws and start it again.

I mentioned this problem before with jaws 2020 (demo version), but i thought it might go away, now that i have been able to purchase the full version of jaws 2021.

However, it has not.

I have tried all the usual, uninstall reinstall, repair, etc.

Jaws 2018 is not on the computer now.

The only thing that i have left is to uninstall jaws 2021, remove any files or folders with “freedom scientific” on it, clean the registery with ccleaner, and then reinstall jaws 2021.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if i am rambling.

Stay safe,

Pat

Sent from my gmail account.

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.