moderated Re: jaws 2021 problems.

Patrick Murphy

Hi,

I haven’t posted here in a while, so bare with me if this has been covered.

A simple one first.

Jaws 2021 speaks the count and position of shortcuts on the desktop, files in a folder etc.

For example:

It will say “file.pdf 1 of 20”

If the folder has 20 files in it.

I have just upgraded from jaws 2018.

2018 did not say the number or position of the file in the folder.

Is there a way to turn this off?

I only want to know the name of the file, not what position it is in the list, or how many files are in the directory.

The second thing:

I mentioned this before, but wondered if anyone since has encountered this.

I have raised a ticket about it with sight and sound in the uk.

When jaws 2021 loads, you cannot use “insert+j” to bring up the jaws menu.

You have to quit jaws and start it again.

I mentioned this problem before with jaws 2020 (demo version), but i thought it might go away, now that i have been able to purchase the full version of jaws 2021.

However, it has not.

I have tried all the usual, uninstall reinstall, repair, etc.

Jaws 2018 is not on the computer now.

The only thing that i have left is to uninstall jaws 2021, remove any files or folders with “freedom scientific” on it, clean the registery with ccleaner, and then reinstall jaws 2021.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if i am rambling.

Stay safe,

Pat