moderated Re: voice assistant question

Randy Barnett

This doesn't happen to me.Maybe twice since I started using it several years ago. Perhaps it is more of a pronunciation issue.

On 2/6/2021 8:32 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
But, that is just it.  I feel that the AI is deciding how I talk by inserting those words.

Love in Christ
Marty
-----Original Message----- From: Randy Barnett
Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2021 9:12 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: voice assistant question

The reality is a lot of people swear and it is just a fact of life. Also
it is not up to an AI to decide how you or I talk. That is a personal
choice that an AI has no business deciding for us.

On 2/6/2021 10:53 AM, Marty Hutchings wrote:

   My question is, why do voice assistant AI assume you want to use swear words? Can't they be programmed to be nice?

Love in Christ
Marty
-----Original Message----- From: Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2021 10:42 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Dictation is never perfect, but I find it amazingly useful especially if I am just replying to a text message with a brief message of my own. It is everybody's responsibility to check what SIRI or whichever device or assistant you are using is writing and to correct mistakes, embarrassing or not. The email signatures I sometimes see about that dictation was used and to excuse any mistakes are a pet peeve of mine, there is no reason why you can't check your dictation results and correct any mistakes.